The Professional Billiard Instructors Association (PBIA) Certified Instructor Program is committed to providing professional billiard instructors who promote and develop cue sports.
To meet the requirements and advance to upper levels of certification, instructors are required to attend training courses offered by Advanced and Master Level PBIA Instructors. These courses are taught at PBIA Accredited Training Facilities or Official PBIA Host Locations.
The PBIA is looking for pool room operators interested in providing a quality location where PBIA Instructors can offer training courses. Pool room operators who become an Official PBIA Host Location will receive:
- Recognition for your goodwill toward quality billiard instruction.
- New revenue stream opportunities (food/bev./pro shop) with instructors utilizing your facility.
- Recognition at the (PBIA) playbetterbilliards.com and BCA Web sites.
- Certificate designating your pool room as an Official PBIA Host Location.
Official PBIA Host Locations should meet the following requirements:
- Must be an active member of the Billiard Congress of America.
- Room owner or manager committed to the game of pool and wants to promote learning the game in a professional manner.
- Appropriate room between tables (end to end 4ft; side to side 5 1/2 ft).
- Quality tables in good condition, including cloth, rack and balls.
- Good lighting over tables.
- Sound control (Ability to limit TV and music volume in the teaching area and lecture/classroom during the session).
- Clean restrooms.
- Suitable space for lecture/demonstration.
- Chairs/tables for students.
Click here for an application to become an Official PBIA Host Location.