The PBIA’s mission is to provide quality billiard instruction to individuals at all levels of proficiency, as well as offer training and certification programs for those wishing to become qualified billiard instructors.
PBIA Program Overview
The PBIA Instructor program is dedicated to:
- Training and certifying individuals to become professional quality billiard instructors.
- Supporting and assisting PBIA instructors in their business of providing instruction services.
PBIA Instructor Code of Conduct
This is the standard by which all PBIA instructors provide services to students and commit to continuous improvement.
- My primary obligation is to help my students improve their playing skills and gain a greater understanding of the game.
- My instruction techniques will incorporate effective, positive teaching techniques.
- I will conduct my instruction in accordance with my level of certification and/or my knowledge and ability.
- I will maintain high professional standards in all aspects of instruction.
- To ensure that instructional behavior is not misunderstood, situations that require some physical guidance properly position a student’s body will be preceded by a full explanation and a request for permission.
- I will continuously strive to advance my instructional skills training materials.
- I will refrain from making disparaging remarks and false statements about fellow PBIA Instructors, their published work, the staff supporting the program or the program in general.
- I will contribute to the development and success of the PBIA.
- I will seek the permission of the BCA, the organizing body of the PBIA, prior to using the PBIA logo/brand for any commercial or promotional purposes that would lead the general public to believe the PBIA is endorsing or supporting the effort being undertaken by the PBIA Instructor.
If you experience any PBIA Instructors not following the Code of Conduct as stated above please feel free to let us know at email@example.com or 303.243.5070 x23, and we will address you concerns with you.
Jerry Briesath PBIA Instructor-of-the-Year Award
Do you want to nominate someone for Jerry Briesath PBIA Instructor-of-the-Year?
Download this form, and submit to the BCA.