Become a Billiard Instructor with the Professional Billiard Instructor Association (PBIA)
The PBIA’s mission is to provide quality billiard instruction to individuals at all levels of proficiency, as well as offer training and certification programs for those wishing to become qualified billiard instructors.
PBIA Program Overview
The PBIA Instructor program is dedicated to:
- Training and certifying individuals to become professional quality billiard instructors.
- Supporting and assisting PBIA instructors in their business of providing instruction services.
PBIA Instructor Code of Conduct
This is the standard by which all PBIA instructors provide services to students and commit to continuous improvement.
- My primary obligation is to help my students improve their playing skills and gain a greater understanding of the game.
- My instruction techniques will incorporate effective, positive teaching techniques.
- I will maintain high professional standards in all aspects of instruction.
- To ensure that instructional behavior is not misunderstood, situations that require some physical guidance properly position a student’s body will be preceded by a full explanation and a request for permission.
- I will continuously strive to advance my instructional skills training materials.I will contribute to the development and success of the PBIA.
The PBIA recognizes four levels of instructors:
- RECOGNIZED Instructor (Level 1)
- CERTIFIED Instructor (Level 2)
- ADVANCED Instructor (Level 3)
- MASTER Instructor (Level 4)